Could the Braun Cruzer 6 be the perfect shaving tool for men? The Braun Company has been working to achieve just this since the 1950s and they very may well have done so. People shouldn’t be all that surprised though.After all, the very first Braun electric shaver had a design so futuristic that even today the general principles used are still the same. They actually could have introduced this back in the late 1930s had it not been for the breakout of the Second World War.
- Powerful beard trimmer
- Dual battery system
- Ultra sharp stainless
- Adjustable beard comb
- Adjustable hair comb
Flawless and highly efficient. Their design and manufacturing principle is encapsulated in their motto – Strength of Pure – which is laid upon the design foundation of the legendary designer Dieter Rams.
Today, all products that bear the Braun logo are exceedingly functional and easy to use, down to the smallest detail. And the Braun Cruzer 6 is a perfect example of that philosophy.
Key Features of the Cruzer 6
- Full Size and Efficient – The shaver head is really wide, which enables you to get a complete shave in fewer strokes.
- SmartFoil Technology allows you to reach hairs that are growing in different directions.
- Integrated Touch-Sensitive System – reacts to the pressure you apply so your skin ends up smooth and clean.
- Trimming Function – allows you to cut your facial hair so that they are as long or as short as you want and can be done in just minutes.
- Detachable/Adjustable Trimming Comb – offers 4 different settings so you can maintain anything from a full beard to a short trim. The design offers a click and lock setting so you can select your desired length easily.
- Styling Function – The wide side of the shaver can trim larger areas, but you can also use the narrow side to define shapes, edges, and lines. There is also a tiny precision comb that allows you to deal with really small areas.
- You can use it dry or wet. It is completely sealed, so you can use it while in the shower.
- It’s super easy to clean, as you can just put it under running water.
- The battery is good for half an hour, and the recharge is quick.
Pros and Cons of the Braun Cruzer 6
- Very easy to handle. Its shape is the very definition of ergonomic precision, as it may seem like it’s been molded just for your hands.
- You can use it for shaving, trimming, and styling (the Cruzer offers a 3-in-1 system). The trimming and styling functions are truly world class, and you can get just the right look that you have wanted to achieve.
- For shaving, it’s 95% the efficiency of razors, which for an electric shaver is more than satisfactory.
- For men with sensitive skin, it is also quite a blessing. If you tend to get bumps and rashes from razors, you will love the touch-sensitive system that protects your skin from irritation. You will have to do several passes on your face to get as much hair as possible, but with the Cruzer 6 your skin does not have to pay the price.
- Finally, the fact that it is totally enclosed so that you can use it under running water is also a good thing. This feature makes it very easy to clean. The Braun engineers guarantee this feature and users have tested it to see that it really works tend to confirm the company’s claims.
As for the drawbacks, perhaps the most apparent of them all is that it can get a bit on the loud side. So, if you are a college student sharing a room with someone, you will need to use it in the bathroom with the door closed. If your roommate isn’t a morning person, the noise might cause you a bit of trouble too.
Also, for those always on the go the lack of a travel case is a bit annoying. Other than that, everything is great. You can always complain about its inability to shave your face 100% cleanly all the time, but that’s something that applies to just about every electric shaver in the market!
What Customers Say About the Braun Cruzer 6
While the reviews from customers are in and it seems that the vast majority like this product a lot—about two thirds consider it “very good to truly exceptional”—the acclaim is far from universal.
Part of the reason is that quite a few people expect it to be just as effective as a traditional razor when they need a clean shave. That kind of expectation is patently unrealistic, however, because there’s no electric shaver in the world that can do that for you.
With that said, customers do have a lot of good things to say about the Cruzer 6. Many like its ability to trim breads and mustaches, and quite a few love the way it handles and works.
Essentially, most people who have been using a variety of electric shavers through the years think that its features can match or even surpass those you can find in much more expensive models.
The Final Verdict
That depends on quite a few factors, including your budget and your needs. Braun Cruzer 6 is perfect for the guy who wants a shaver and trimmer together. You get something quick and easy if you need to trim your side burns, beard, or mustache, and you can also get the casual stubble look that’s all the rage these days.
It is easy to use and easy to clean, so everything’s just about right. In its price range, you would not find anything that comes even close to the Braun Cruzer 6. You can always check out our own shaver guide on our home page to get more detail on other shavers available.