Philips Norelco 810 Renamed 4100
Philips Norelco 4100
- Super Lift and Cut technology
- Dual Precision heads
- Pop-up trimmer
- Designed to give you the best shave
In a hurry ? >> Check the best prices here on amazon for the Norelco AT810
About The 810 Rotary Shaver
The Philips Norelco AT810 electric razor is a great product for anyone looking for a mid-priced shaver that both lasts the test of time and delivers a thorough shaving experience. It would suit anyone looking for a wet/dry shaver.
It is important to note that the AT810 model has recently been renamed and is now the Philips Norelco 4100 rotary shave, so you might know it as this as well.
- Specifically designed to give you the best shave for your investment
- The Norelco AT810 Powertouch features Super Lift and Cut technology, which helps to lift even the shortest stubble and cut for a close shave similar to that of a safety razor
- The Dual Precision heads ensure that whether it is short or long hairs, they are cut equally, swiftly and efficiently
- If you need to trim your mustache, beard or sideburns, the pop-up trimmer makes this an easy job
- One other feature to consider is the flexing of the heads that follows the contour of your face for a close shave and minimizes any irritation afterwards
How Does The 810 Compare To Other Models?
Since this is a middle-of-the-road model from Philips Norelco, you gain a few features that less-expensive models lack. This also means that you lose a few options that are available in higher-end shavers.
More expensive models like the SensoTouch series, for example, do offer more capabilities and convenience attributes. If you have a hard time shaving your neck then you might be better off investing more and selecting a shaver with GyroFlex technology – the higher-end products tend to possess more features like this.
So, if you want features like a longer charge time, or you want the shaver to clean itself, then a shaver like the SensoTouch might be the better choice for you.
Due to the fact that it uses a rotary system, you can comfortably have a close shave on guys heads. Of course, you will still need to use a different set of clippers or razor like the head blade to get the initial cut going on your scalp. After that, though, you can definitely use this to shave the stubble on your head too.
What if it breaks?
Philips Norelco HQ8 Replacement Heads are easily available and affordable if any breakage occurs. They provide a comfortable electric shave and only cost the price of two good beers…. Ok, well maybe 3 -4 beers, depending where you are and your alcohol preference! You can click on the link supplied below to view the best place to buy replacement blades for the AT810 shaver.
What the Customers are saying
Overall, customers are pleased with the shaving experience they have received from the AT810 in relation to the investment that they made. It supplies a comfortable and efficient shave and also the added benefit of no waste like which is evident with safety razors with disposable blades. This, in the long term, will save you money.
There is some debate over the best way to get a really close shave from the aquatic electric AT8210 rotary razor. Some say that shaving when your skin is dry is the fastest method, while others say that the shaver works best when wet or using shaving gel. It all depends on your preference really.
The battery life is universally praised, although a few people are disappointed that the AT810 cannot be used when plugged in. These are the people that really like the cord models and don’t like the battery type.
The Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500
This 4100 is actually the older model of this shaver with the newer model being named the 830. The 830 then also had a name change and is now called the Philips Norelco Shaver 4500. The 830 and 4500 rotary razors are very similar in style. The only major difference is that you can have a wet shave with gel or foam with the 4500 model and not with the 830.
The 830 and 4500 models offer top quality shaving services and all incorporate the Flex and Float System technology which has become the trademark of Philips products. This unique shaving system allows the rotary razor to follow the contours of your face as you shave which not only cuts more hairs along the way, it also minimizes the chance of damaging your skin. These razors also have a pop up trimmer to trim your mustache and sideburns
Some More Pros of the AT810:
- The Norelco AquaTec design ensures that you can shave wet or dry, and that cleaning up afterwards is a snap. Just run the shaver under the faucet and you are done
- A single-LED indicator lets you know if the battery is charged or low
- You can plug it in for a full charge or use its quick-charge capability. A full charge will buy you 50 minutes of cordless use, making it an excellent choice for travel or camping
- Maintenance is also easy, just clean as necessary and replace the head every 12 months
The Final Word
The Philips Norelco AT810 Powertouch AquaTec Electric Razor is perfect if you want to stop wasting your money on safety razors but you are not prepared to shell out hundreds of dollars on the top electric shavers. It is inexpensive enough to be worth rolling the dice on the supplied high level cutting technology and great battery life.