Philips Norelco QC5550 – The Ideal Head Groomer
Philips Norelco QC5550
- Easy to handle
- Balder attachment
- Adjustable zoom ring
- Lithium ion battery
- Fully washable
In a hurry ? >> see prices here on amazon on the QC5550
There are a lot of reasons you may want to shave your head. But when you make that decision, it is wise to consider electric shavers like the Philips Norelco QC5550 that are designed for head-grooming. Anything is better than the blatant danger of attempting to do this with a regular razor, but you want quality.
The Key Features of the Norelco QC5550
- If you have just decided to go bald, you will enjoy the comb attachment of the QC5550. The combs follow the contours of your head and the edges are rounded so that you get a comfortable cut without scratching
- If you want to trim to a particular length, this model has an adjustable zoom ring with clearly-defined settings
- The 180-degree rotating head makes it easy to cover every area from your crown to the back of your neck without requiring assistance. You can just rotate it to the direction you need and go
- If you want a cleaner look, the balder attachment ensures a close, smooth head shave. This is particularly important for guys who shave their head daily.
- Despite its reasonable price, the Philips Norelco QC5550 offers some convenience features
- It is also very easy to clean. Just put it under running water, and you are done
- The dual-voltage lithium-ion battery can be fully charged in just one hour and gives a full 60 minutes of cordless use
- A small pocket mirror is included, making it easier for you to trim or shave those areas that are harder to see. This mirror fits in the storage pouch that makes this model a hit for travel.
Comparisons to Other Shavers
The QC5550 is a middle-of-the-road electric shaver. Therefore, upgraded models such as the QC5570 and 5580 offer more length settings, 13 and 14 instead of the 11 that the QC5550 features. However, despite this, when you compare a less-expensive model like the QC5560, there are some significant differences.
There is no battery in the QC5560, compared to the 60-minute available use of the QC5550. A lot of people like this option because you don’t rely on the battery and the razor lasts longer.
What the Customers are Saying…
The QC5550 has garnered mixed reviews. Most are at least reasonably happy with the way it performs for either head-trimming or complete shaving. They find its versatility comparable models from other manufacturers.
However, some have struggled with the function of the device, and claim that it does not perform as described. A few customers had to return the device due to system failure, and others said the combs irritate and scratch after weeks or months of use.
How Much is it?
The Philips Norelco QC5550 is a reasonable choice for head-grooming or a close shave. It will cut longer hair short, and then make it easy to get a close shave, if that is what you aim for. With good customer service and a two-year warranty, you can rely on your purchase as a good investment.
Recap of the Pros:
- Easy to handle with 180-degree rotating head
- Balder attachment for a smooth and precise shave
- Adjustable zoom ring for easy length settings
- Lithium ion battery allows 1 hour charge for 60 minutes of usage
- Fully washable for easy cleaning
The Final Verdict
My personal comment on this shaver is that you need to decide what you want to use it for. If you wanted an alternative razor to shave your head it does come with an attachment to do that. Honestly, it is a bit cheap. You could easily go with the Philips norelco at810 or the bald eagle smart electric shaver which would be a much better shaver.
If you are looking for a cheap head clipper this will work but honestly it is a bit over -priced. You can definitely find something cheaper for that sole purpose. I would get this one if you are insisting on having a shaver for your face, something to trim you hair with along with something that is affordable.