Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series BG2040
This is still quite a new industry, as manufacturers are trying to figure things out, from which features you may need or merely like, to how you can use it as effectively as possible. This may very well be because we men ourselves can’t decide how much body hair is too much and what we need to do for hair removal!
- High performance shaver and trimmer
- Water-resistant casing for wet and dry shaves
- Prevents nicks and cuts with maintenance-free blades
- Built-in trimming comb for personal care
- Charging stand for shaver and trimmer
The Philips Norelco BG2040 BodyGroom Pro is the best on the market for shaving your body hair. Even though this may seem difficult our technology has progressed enough that leading electronic manufacturers are already trying their hand at bodybodygroom series of products, instead of just facial shavers for hair removal. Men want a trim and shave product that works on even the short hairs.
That being said, the range of products offered by the industry can be a bit iffy, but the general consensus among experts and consumers is that the Philips Norelco 7100 BodyGroom Pro is among the top rated men body grooming products who want that clean shaved look on their body with a single stroke without any nicks and cuts. Men want a shaver and trimmer all in one product.
Philips Norelco BodyGroom Series BG2040 Pro Features
- 5 body hair length settings. Like regular hair and facial hair, body hair has some trends that govern it too. While it may no longer be regarded as cool to have a veritable forest of hair all over your body—especially at the back—some fuzz on the chest is considered manly enough. We want to trim and shave the entire body.
- 3-dimensional pivoting head. This allows you to closely follow the contours of your body. It can adapt to your different body curves so that you can get as close a shave as you want. This is possible with the amazing shaver head.
- patented pearl tips and hypoallergenic foil shaver. The skin can get irritated when objects are repeatedly rubbed against body skin. These features are specifically designed to prevent that from happening in the first place
- the trimmers are sharp and effective, while the rounded tip offers smooth contact with the skin. This gives you the best possible close shave without having to risk any skin problems
- the BG2040 is cordless, and the recharge time roughly equals the time of use. For example, if you just want a quick trim and shave then a 10 minute recharge gives you 10 minutes of use. A full 1-hour recharge offers about 50 minutes of uninterrupted shaving after putting it in the charging stand
- there’s also a handy light indicator that tells you if the unit is fully charged. When you only have 10 minutes left, the light blinks
- the rubber grip is ergonomically shaped for total control while doing your personal care regime.
- it is waterproof, so you can use it under the shower and be able to clean it easily as well. Your Philips bodygroom series products give it all to you.
Bodygroom 1100 vs 3100 vs 7100 Comparison
I wanted to give you some more information about the other models for the philips Norelco bodygroom series to help you choose the best body groomer before we continue on. The 7100 has the most features and is the higher end model. It has the various trimmer lengths built into it where the others have attachments to add on. The 3100 has 3 attachments to adjust the trimmer length. The 1100 only has one.
Here are the trimmer lengths for each one which is really important buying point for how close you want the shave. The 1100 is 0.5mm (1/32”) to 3mm (7/64”) the 3100 is from smooth (0) to 7mm (9/32”) and the 7100 is smooth to 11mm (7/16”).
The next big difference is the charge time. The 1100 takes 2AA batteries, 3100 has 50 minutes run time and a 8 hr charge and the 7100 has 50 minute operation time and a 1 hr charge time. Key point there. 8 hours to 1 hour.
[comparezon uskws="asin:B010XIGBUQ,asin:B007VB50JC,asin:B0037HP9OA" tplid="default" bestpick="B0037HP9OA" ]
Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series Customer Feedback?
When notable e-retailers get almost a thousand reviews, you realize that the product is popular. And when more than half of those reviews give it a perfect mark, you can take that as a very clear indication that you have a superior product on your hands. That’s the case with the Philips Bodygroom BG2040. It’s a body shaver that well deserves its bestseller status on amazon
The vast majority of people who have used this product consider it among the very best in the industry. It does what you want, and you can go on using it easily. Skin irritation would no longer be a concern, and neither is the price. Even the warranty is excellent, as it offers a two-year coverage.
Pros and Cons of the Philips Norelco BodyGroom Pro
- First of all, it can be used anywhere on your body—even on the sensitive areas if you exercise some common sense and control.
- All the parts work well, and you can get a shave length that fits your preferences with the shaving head.
- you’re guaranteed to have no skin issues and irritation as well.
- When it comes to performance, ease of use, safety, and value for money, it stands head and shoulders above the rest.
- for maintenance, there’s no need for the blades since they are self-sharpening. Cleaning it is also easy: you just put it under running water and that’s it. You can also buy replacement heads if need be.
- the BG2040 offers no sure way for you to reach all the areas on your back. Either you have very long arms and are also very bendy or you need another person to reach all the areas for you
- the charger stand won’t function this way, as it won’t hold the unit in place when you get into contact with it.This might mean that after a couple of years the charging time may provide you with shorter performance time
- like any other electronic product you have to exercise some care when you use it, especially when you use it on your sensitive parts. Just keep in mind that you can’t simply and mindlessly put it against your skin if you don’t know what you’re really doing. That can cause some rather wince-inducing cuts.
As for the efficiency of the shaver, some people actually think that an electric shaver can be as efficient as a professionally applied razor. There’s no such thing though, anywhere. If you really want a very smooth close shave, you have to finish up with a razor to do so. If you don't have one check out the number one seller Braun 7 790cc review here.
Finally, there are some reviews that actually complain about the price. Since it costs only half the price of high end electric facial shavers, that kind of nitpicking isn’t justified at all. Ok, here is a comparison between the 3 so you have a detailed look. It's pretty easy to suggest the bodygroom 7100 but you can make the call.
Philips has been in existence since the 19th century, and has been making electric shavers for well over 70 years. That kind of experience is evident in their products, and you can certainly tell that in terms of value for money, the BG2040 Pro 7100 Razor is a superior choice
Where To Buy The Philips Bodygroom Pro?
The Philips Norelco BodyGroom Pro is your only choice. It is very effective, easy to use and to maintain, safe when used properly, and most of all the price is a bargain when you buy it from the right retailer. In terms of a body shaver, the BG2014 Pro 7100 Razor supplies everything that you need and more. It does this all for an affordable price as well.