Philips Norelco PT730
- Quickly and comfortably shave
- Flex & Float System follows
- 45 minutes of shaving
- Integrated pop-up trimmer
Why Choose the Norelco PT730 Razor?
The Philips Norelco PT730 is an oldie but goodie and is at the right price range. This shaver is as basic as you can get and is meant for guys who shave daily and at most let their hair growth go for 2 days. Once you get into that 3 day range you will notice a bit of spots you will have to go over a few times.
You get my point, if you need an affordable way to shave that doesn’t empty your pocketbook at every turn, the PT730 is the shaver for you. With the rotary blade system, the PT730 is perfect for close shaves and can even be used on your scalp if you are a fan of the bald look!
What Are The Key Features Philips Norelco PT730
Historically, a major complaint of electric shavers is that they don’t shave as close as a safety razor does. Listen up, because Philips Norelco has worked hard to improve technology so that their electric shavers work at least as well, if not better. Key features include:
- Close Comfortable Shave With Super Lift – The PT730 in particular offers the patented Super Lift & Cut technology, which lifts shorter hairs to allow the shaver to cut hair below the skin
- Even if you have inconsistent hair growth, it’s not a problem. The Dual Precision shaving system can cut stubble and longer hairs at the time. This was one of the main reasons I saw a customer saying he likes to use this to shave his head by the way. So, it’s definitely something to take into consideration if you are looking for that type of shave
- Flexible Heads – And don’t worry about shaving the curves of your face, because the flexing heads move freely to accommodate cheekbones and chin
- As mentioned before, with the rotary blades it is an affordable option to consider to use for shaving your head
- If you need to trim your mustache, beard or sideburns, then the pop-up trimmer has you covered
- Easy Maintenance guaranteed
- Cordless or Cord Only Use And Quick Charge – The lithium-ion battery will charge over the course of eight hours to last 45 minutes of cordless shaving. Or, you can charge it for three minutes to get time enough for a quick shave
- For your travel convenience, the PT730 comes with a protective cap. It also varies in voltage from 100-240 volts AC, which offers you the flexibility when vacationing internationally.
- This razor comes with a 45 Day Money Guarantee and a 2 year warranty
For the price, the PT730 has a nice variety of additional features. Although this shaver is intended for dry shaving only, clean-up is a snap. Place the heads under running water to clean, or use the brush that’s included for further cleaning. Now If you are looking for a shaver that is 100% waterproof and can be used in the shower you will want to look at the Norelco PT810 Model.
How Does it Compare to Other Shavers
The Philips Norelco PT730 is a centre model of Norelco’s lower-end electric shavers. It is the least-expensive shaver to offer the Super Lift & Cut and Dual Precision technologies and a trimmer. But it does lack a great deal that more expensive models have. For example, the AT model of this series feature AquaTec, which allows for wet shaving. And the PT730 takes eight hours to fully charge compared to one hour for the higher-end shavers.
What Customers are Saying…
Overall, customers who bought the PT730 were reasonably happy with their purchase. At first, there is some question about its ability to shave closely. But in time, owners noticed that their skin or facial hair “got used” to the shaver and found that it worked much more satisfactorily after that. So definitely give it some time to break in as that is when most really noticed it was shaving a lot closer than out of the box.
Even the people who were a little disappointed with the shave they got thought that it would at least cut down on the amount of shaving they’d have to do with a safety razor.
It will feel a bit cheaper made than the old school versions. Well material has changed 10 years later and it is lighter. Don’t just the book by its cover, for the price it does the job.
Finally…is it Worth the Money?
Well, the reality is that this razor doesn’t actually cost a whole lot anyway. At such a cheap price on Amazon, the Philips Norelco PT730 isn’t going to bleed dry your budget like modern safety razors can. And with a 45-day money-back guarantee, you have the security of knowing that Philips Norelco’s got your back on this.
The bottom line is that the PT730 Razor is exactly what it looks like – an affordable electric razor that delivers an effective shave and all at a reasonable price.
You can learn more about it here on amazon.
Thank you for reading. I hope that you found it informative.