So, You are looking for the Top Rated Electric Razor On The Market?
Well, Great News We Will Tell You What It Is Below.
We create a website dedicated to providing men the research material and detailed information they need to help them buy the shaver that is right for them. I mentioned that because there are so many variables that make up the best electric razor and the biggest variable of them all is YOU!
It all depends on what you are looking for. This is what I have set out to do which is to provide you all the information you need here so you can figure out what model and brand name is going to fit your goals and price range.
What Is The Best Electric Shaver On The Market?
- The fact of the matter is that you have to first decide what you really want to use the razor for.
- Are you old school to where you like the rotary type of shavers? Do you prefer shaving in a circular motion or up and down using a foil shaver.
- Are you looking for a wet/dry shaver that you can save time and take in the shower with you?
- Are you looking for an electric razor that is the foil type of shaver that has multiple blades to get that close shave or you looking for a shaver that works great for men with sensitive skin?
- Lastly if you just are looking for the best straight razor or the best safety razor click on the links for our reviews there, we have you covered.
So, out of these categories I’ll explain what the customer reviews are saying is the top rated electric shaver out there on the market. Ultimately it is up to you to pick which one, it’s my job to arm you with the facts so you can make an informed decision.
Alright let’s get after it guys. Time to Man Up!
Recommended Foil Shavers To Pick From
- Braun Series 7 790cc
- Braun Series 760cc
- Panasonic LV81-K Arc 5
- Panasonic ES-LA93-K Arc 4
Let’s start with the foil shavers. A foil shaver will have a head that is squarish and covered with a metal strip with a bunch of holes in it. The blades are behind those holes. Quick vibrations will get the hair to stand up on end and as the blades move from right to left, the hair is cut.
The higher-end models of electric razors come from Braun and Panasonic. The Braun Series 7 790cc and 760cc are two very similar razors. The major advantage to both is their ActiveLift system that grabs the flat lying hair for a super close shave.
This works especially well around the neck. You also have the fact that the Braun Series 7 790cc could be considered the best electric shaver on the market as it has been a best seller on amazon for years. With a track record like that you have to look hard at it and it has a great price for being the best out there.
What is the Difference between the Braun 790cc and 760cc you ask?
You get 10,000 micro-vibrations per minute and ActiveLift to lift flat-lying hairs. The OptiFoil is a patented pattern intended to give you the closest shave possible. Both offer a rechargeable battery with an indicator.
One hour of charging gets you 50 minutes of cordless shaving, but you can also do a 5-minute quick charge for fast access.
The only real difference between the two is that the 790cc has the ability to use the cleaning system on a fast setting, and the 760cc does not. But remember that whenever you have a self-cleaning system, you’re going to pay for it.
The Braun Series 7 has a cleaning cartridge with an awesome lemon scent, but it’s going to set you back at least $5 a month. For just about twice as much as the Braun 790cc, you can get the Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc 5.
If you’re in the category of “I hate shaving so much I’ll spend just about anything to make it suck less,” here is your best choice. Sure it’s big. But you’ll appreciate the amount of coverage it provides in one swipe, just as you appreciate your lawn mower being bigger than a set of hedge clippers.
The Top Of The Line Arc4 and Arch5
List Price: unavailable
Sale Price: $200.37
With the Arc 5 and Panasonic ES-LA93-K Arc 4, you get stainless steel, hypoallergenic nanotech blades moving at an amazing 14,000 micro-vibrations per minute at a 30-degree angle. You get the multi-arc foil that allows the blades to move independently, and a super-thin outer foil.
Convenience features of electric razors are about what you’d expect for the price. The charging system comes with an indicator (that can become a little annoying with the blinking, but at least you know what’s going on).
Cleaning only takes about 10 minutes, but you have to drop $10 a month for the cleaning solution. If that seems to be a show-stopper for you, there are plenty of hacks online to make your own cleaning solution.
List Price: unavailable
Sale Price: $149.99
Our Top Recommend Rotary Shavers
Featuring Philips Norelco AT810 Powertouch and Philips Norelco PT730 Powertouch
- Now let’s look at the rotary electric razors. Rotary electric razors are different from foil shavers. With rotary, you get discs of rotating blades instead of straight blades that shift. They both are covered with something that has a lot of small holes in it. Anyone who argues that one is much better than the other, however, is probably wrong in at least a couple things. Neither is uniformly better than the other. It all depends on what works for you.
- The Philips Norelco AT810 and the PT730 are middle-of-the-road shavers from Philips Norelco. With both, you get the Super Lift & Cut technology. This feature is awesome because it lifts the hair so that the blades cut hair under the skin.
- That’s like cutting hair that hasn’t even grown in yet. Spooky! If you have an inconsistent growth pattern when it comes to your facial hair (like a lot of people), patented Dual Precision takes care of that for you. No need to trim, then shave.
- Since they are quite a bit cheaper than the Braun and Panasonic models, you’ll notice fewer extra features for the AT810 and PT730. You’ll still get a good charge time, one hour for 50 minutes of cordless shaving.
- You can rinse them under water to clean, which can certainly save you some bucks on cleaning solution for the best electric razor. The only real difference between these two models from Philips Norelco is that the AT810 has AquaTec, which allows for wet/dry shaving. The Philips Norelco PT730, by comparison, is for dry shaving only.
- I should also mention that there is another version out now Philips Norelco AT830/46 which is changed names to Shaver 4500. So this has all the great features as the 810 but a new model of it.
Recommended Shavers for Bald Heads
- Philips Norelco QC5550 Headgroomer
- Headblade Sport Ultimate Head Shave
- HeadBlade S4 Eclipse Scalp Razor
- Skull and Face Electric Shaver
- Bald Eagle Pro
Before I get started we did write a detail review called Ultimate Review on Shavers For Bald Heads. Review That article if that is what you are after.
- We would be remiss if we left out head-shaving in our search for the most popular electric shaver on the market. I mean, c’mon. If you are going to shave your head, what are you going to use? In this arena, you’ve got three options: you can use one of the electric shavers mentioned above, you can use a shaver designed for head grooming, or you can go for a razor intended for shaving your head.
- What you choose will depend largely on your budget and what you need. But you should remember that you’ll need more flexibility in curving around behind your ears, and that you’ve got much more surface area to cover.
- If you want to have a special shaver or razor for head grooming, the good news is that you don’t have to break the bank. If you like the electric shaver approach, go for the Philips Norelco QC5550. It’s got combs that allow you to select how bald you want to go: 0-15 mm. Like most of the others, an hour’s charge gets you about an hour of shave time, which makes it more practical for travel or camping.
- Some people prefer the closeness and precision of a razor. That’s cool, so try the Headblade Headblade S4 Eclipse. Trust me, you’ve never seen a razor like this. It looks like it belongs in a James Bond film. The wheel allows you to balance the razor so you apply the right amount of pressure and can move quickly over your head.
- You can go cheaper with a plastic model like the Headblade Sport. Or if you’re willing to fork out more for longevity, you can get the pleasing heft of the Headblade S4 Eclipse, which has a stainless-steel body.
- Next up is a hand held Bald Eagle Pro. This is a hand held shaver that you can reach your whole head with to get a nice close shave. You can do a wet or dry shave with it. It’s really similar to the rotary type of shavers. It has 90 minutes of cordless usage and a very flexible head to follow the contour of your head. You can see our review on the Bald Pro Here.
- Another similar model to that is called the skull and face shaver. It’s very similar in nature and you can see the full review of both hand held shaver models here.
- Philips Norelco 1280X/47 SensoTouch 3D
- Philips Norelco 1150X/40HP Sensotouch 2D Electric Razor
Ultimately, many end up going for the Mercedes of electric shavers: the SensoTouch 3D series by Philips Norelco. With the old SensoTouch 2D, the head could move together and also pivot inward. The 3D has that plus the ability to pivot outward.
List Price: $349.99
Sale Price: Too low to display.
As a result, you get maximum movement and flexibility that you can’t get with basically any other shaver. You also get the Super Lift & Cut for inconsistent growth. For wet shaving, the AquaTec seal is basically unbeatable. If you choose, say, the 1280X in the 3D series, you’ll get all the conveniences, too.
The Philips Norelco 1280x has a full hour of shaving compared to 50 minutes for most competing devices. There’s a three-setting cleaning system, but you can easily clean it by hand as well. The only drawback is that you can’t use it while it’s charging, which is a common complaint for the Norelco devices in general.
List Price: unavailable
Sale Price: Too low to display.
The SensoTouch series presents itself as the best value for the price. You get all the features that you’d get for the Panasonic models at a significantly reduced price. For just a few more bucks than the Braun Series 7 790cc, you get a shaver that a lot of customers say is the best shaver they’ve ever had.
OK It’s Your Turn Now
It’s hard to know which is the best electric shaver for you, with all the options out there. It depends on your skin type, growth pattern, price range and your own preferences.
Just ask yourself what you need from your shaver, narrow it down and just go for it.